SWF - Skills
This skill represents how good a character is at moving their body and performing
athletic activities. Athletics is important when quickness is needed, enabling you to
cover more ground, dodge Blast attacks and stay on your feet when youʼre knocked off
• Acrobatic. Gain a +2 bonus to Athletics checks to overcome scene aspects or other
obstacles preventing you from moving between zones.
• Roll With The Blow. You may use Athletics instead of Fighting to defend against
Although itʼs used to shoot anything, the Blast skill earned its name when the blaster
become the dominant weapon in the galaxy. This skill is useful for firing any handheld or
ship-mounted weapon, from slugthrowers to blaster carbines and from blaster cannons
to proton torpedoes.
• Pistol Whip. The first time an opponent moves into the same zone as you, use Blast
instead of Fighting to make a melee attack.
• Penetrate Their Shields. When you succeed with style on a Blast attack in a starship,
you gain a full scene aspect with a free invocation, instead of just a boost.
Knowing when to show your tell and when to conceal your hand is an important survival
skill, and Sabacc strategy. Use Deception whenever you want to conceal your intentions
or actions, including sleight of hand or spinning a good yarn to fool the local port authority.
• Ambush. You can use Deception to make physical attacks, provided your target isnʼt
• Social Chameleon. Gain a +2 bonus to Deception rolls made to blend into crowds.
Empathy involves the understanding and ability to determine a beingʼs intentions and
emotional state. Use Empathy to discern the truth of a statement, know the emotional
state of another and help them overcome social and mental difficulties.
• Lie Detector. Gain a +2 bonus to all Empathy rolls made to discern or discover lies,
whether theyʼre directed at you or someone else.
• Confidant. Gain a +2 bonus to all Empathy rolls made to help others recover from
social and mental consequences.
The galaxy is a dangerous place. Having some know-how in a fight can get you out of
tight spots when you donʼt have a blaster handy. Use Fighting to defend yourself in
close-quarters conflicts, knock-out an opponent and participate in a lightsaber duel.
• Dirty Fighting. You can use Fighting instead of Deception to create advantages
related to feinting or misdirecting in combat.
• Severing Blow. Once per scene, when you force an opponent to take a consequence,
you can spend a fate point to increase the severity of the consequence that he must
take (so minor becomes moderate, moderate becomes severe). If your opponent was
already going to take a severe consequence, he must either take a severe
consequence and a second consequence or be taken out.
Through concentrated effort and in-depth scrutiny you can find the truth in things.
Security forces, Jedi and bounty hunters use this skill to examine evidence, gather
useful information through interrogation and scour a planet for a fugitive.
• Just One More Thing. You may use Investigation instead of Empathy to defend
against attempts to use Deception to mislead or lie to you.
• Bounty Hunter. Gain a +2 bonus to Investigation rolls made to track a fugitive planetside.
The more knowledge you possess about the galaxy the less likely something will
surprise you when you encounter it. Use Lore to identify the model of a starship, know
something about galactic history and administer medical treatment.
• Field Medic. Gain a +2 bonus to Lore rolls made to help others recover from a
• Studied The Technical Readout. You can spend a fate point to use Lore in place of
any other skill for one roll or exchange, provided you can justify having studied about
the action youʼre attempting.
Sometimes things break. Mechanics is the skill of working with all forms of machinery
and electronics, to repair it or sabotage it. Use Mechanics to overcharge your blaster,
repair the hyperdrive on your ship or find the weak spot on a star destroyer.
• Hand Me That Hydrospanner. Whenever youʼre in a situation that demands a certain
tool, you may make an overcome roll to declare that you retroactively happen to have
one on hand. If you succeed with style, you can add a boost to that item as normal.
• Shield Operator. Gain a +2 bonus on Mechanics rolls used to create advantages
related to activating, restoring or boosting shields on a starship.
This skill represents the characterʼs awareness and ability to acquire information from
their immediate surroundings. Use Notice to spot the concealed blaster in a smugglerʼs
vest, find someone sticking out in a crowd and eavesdropping on a conversation.
• Eavesdropper. Gain a +2 bonus on Notice rolls when trying to listen in on a
• Keen Sense. Gain a +2 bonus on Notice rolls when using a specific sense (chosen
when this stunt is purchased).
This is the skill to get what you want from people, be it from a kind word or a menacing
threat. Use Persuasion to negotiate a cease fire, seduce a senator or intimidate a thug.
• Consular. Gain a +2 bonus to Persuasion rolls when speaking on behalf of another.
• Fierce Gaze. Gain a +2 bonus to Persuasion rolls used to make mental attacks while
intimidating a target.
This skill describes your characterʼs general level of influence in the galaxy by means of
their material wealth and the quality of their contacts. Use Resources to acquire
equipment, gain a meeting with a senator or bribe a guard.
• Throw Credits At It. You can use your Resources skill to recover from consequences,
provided the consequence is something that can be resolved by monetary expense.
• Your Reputation Precedes You. Once per scene, when you meet someone for the
first time, you can make a Persuasion roll against a Fair (+2) difficulty to declare that
they have heard of you and are affected by your reputation, whatever it may be. Place
an aspect to this effect on the target.
The Stealth skill allows you to avoid detection, both when hiding in place and trying to move about unseen.
• Face in the Crowd. +2 to any Stealth roll to blend into a crowd. What a “crowd” means will depend on the environment—a subway station requires more people to be crowded than a small bar.
• Ninja Vanish. Once per scene, you can vanish while in plain sight by spending a fate point, using a smoke pellet or other mysterious technique. This places the Vanished boost on you. While you’re vanished, no one can attack or create an advantage on you until after they’ve succeeded at an overcome roll with Notice to suss out where you went (basically meaning they have to give up an exchange to try). This aspect goes away as soon as you invoke it, or someone makes that overcome roll.
• Slippery Target. Provided you’re in darkness or shadow, you can use Stealth to defend against Shoot attacks from enemies that are at least one zone away.
This is the skill used to operate ground vehicles, submersibles, speeders and starships.
Transport is the equivalent of Athletics while in a vehicle. Use this skill to perform
evasive maneuvers, plot a hyperspace course or win a pod-race.
• Fly Casual. You can use Transport in place of Deception while piloting a starship.
• Form Up On Me. Gain or grant an additional +2 when combining skills while flying in
formation with at least one other starship.
This skill represents your physical conditioning and ability to apply power in a physical
endeavor. This skill determines any extra stress boxes and consequences you may
have. Use Vigor to resist extreme environments, outlast or overpower an opponent in a
physical contest and other applications of brute force or endurance.
• Iʼm Bigger Than You. You may use Vigor instead of Persuasion to make a mental
attack once per scene when using your size to intimidate a target.
• Never Give Up! Gain a +2 bonus on Vigor rolls made to resist any effect having to do
with fatigue, exhaustion or sleep deprivation.
This skill represents your characterʼs general level of mental fortitude. Use Will to pit
yourself against obstacles that require mental effort, resist confusion and defend against
• Strong Willed. Gain a +2 bonus to Will to defend against mental attacks from uses of
• Focus. Gain a +2 bonus to Will rolls to create advantages on yourself.